Monday, April 5, 2010

Bridgeport Hop Czar Imperial IPA


7.5% ABV / 87 IBU

After helping to host Easter dinner and the requisite cleaning up, I required a tasty beverage to cap the night off. My fridge is overstocked with double and imperial IPAs at the moment, so I decided to even out the ratio a bit.

Just opening the bottle released a huge waft of hops and they became even more prominent once I got the honey colored ale into a glass. The nose is overrun by grapefruit but the taste reveals some layers. A piney note from the hops appears but I found it difficult to taste any malty sweetness which I found as a surprise, considering the alcohol content. Hops and more hops is the best way to describe this one.

If you are looking for a tongue burning hop invasion, look no further. Although I enjoyed the hop attack, I was left wanting for more complexities to reveal themselves.

Thirst Zymurgist Score: 41/50

No comments:

Post a Comment