Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Logo




A few weeks ago, I met with a friend of mine who is a stupendously talented graphic designer to discuss the sorry state of my current blog logo and how she could help me. Considering that I designed the original in Microsoft Paint, it wasn’t all that horrible, but a nice professional sheen on my digital face to the world would be a welcome addition.

My friend became incredibly busy with other projects that were going to pay her in actual money (rather than the bottle of fine gin I promised her) and she, very understandably, directed her attention elsewhere for a time. However, when I opened my inbox this morning, there was a short email with a pdf attached containing nine variations of a new logo! As I perused them giddily, the knowledge that they were all too good for me to decide which one to use slowly sank in.

Rather than turn to despair, I turn to you, my online friends, to cast a vote for which logo you would like to see represent me and my blog moving forward. There is also a good chance that I will be hand-printing some t-shirts with the design. I have narrowed it down to my favorite three, which I have included in above, starting with number one on top. Please vote for your favorite on the poll to the left before midnight on Friday, August 6th. Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. They have been tallied and I am in the process of updating the site. Check back soon! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment